- The Library shall remain open on all working days from 8.00 am to 9.00 pm.
- Every student is required to sign in the entry register which is kept at the entrance of the Library.
- No entry will be allowed inside the Central Library without the possession of Student Identity Card.
- Every student must possess his/ her Library Cards for availing the Library Services.
- While entering the Library student must keep their Cell Phones on Vibration/ Silent Mode and use of mobile phones in the Library is strictly prohibited.
- The student shall maintain proper decorum and silence inside the Library and its vicinity at all times.
- Good order must be observed in the library at all times for example placing of feet on the furniture, eating and drinking, smoking, sleeping, talking. Use of sound equipments like radios, walkmans, cell phones etc. is strictly prohibited in the library and its environs.
- Seats in the library may not be reserved.
- No library furniture may be moved or misplaced without the permission from the Chief Librarian.
- Maximum no. of books authorized & period/ duration for issue at a time:
1 Library Card is issued for all UG, PG and Ph. D students for reading purpose in the Central Library.
Reference Books, Journals, Periodicals and Magazines are issued against Library Reading Room card for reading in the Library only.
Borrowing period is strictly between 9:00 am and 5:00 pm on all working days.
Returning period is strictly between 8:00 am to 4:00 pm on all working days.
A user must be a registered student in the University curriculum to be able to use the library services.
- To UG students – 2 books for 3 days
- To PG students- 2 books for 5 days
- To Ph.D students- 4 books for 5 days
- To Faculty Members- 8/4 books will be issued as per the employment status – permanent/ contractual.
- All the books issued shall be returned on or before the due date; otherwise an overdue charge of Rs. 5/- per day will be levied.
- There will be no fine, if the due date of Book(s) fall(s) in the Holiday(s).
- Students with overdue materials and overdue fines will not be allowed to use the library services.
- Students are not allowed to borrow books on behalf of others or transfer borrowed materials to other students.
- Library materials may not be removed from the library unless the library staff has properly issued them out.
Damage/ Loss of Library Materials:
- Marking on Library Books with Pencil or Ink, tearing the pages or spoiling the same in any other way will be viewed very seriously.
- All users will be held responsible for any damage, marking or scribbling with pencil/ ink or loss of library materials in their possession and will be required to meet the cost of replacement and processing.
- Users must ensure that the books they borrow are in good condition to avoid being held responsible for any damages noted while returning the books.
- Lost books must be reported to the Chief Librarian immediately and replaced or paid for within 30 days.
- Lost library books that are recovered, must be handed to the Chief Librarian as they remain the property of the University Library.
Library Users’ Belongings:
- No personal belongings are allowed inside the Library like Bags, Purse, Helmet, Personal Book etc. The same may be kept at the property counter near the library entrance at their own risk.
- Tokens issued by the security for using the “Users’ belongings’ room”, should not be lost; otherwise a fine will be levied by the concerned head of the Central Library.
- Users are not allowed to leave their baggage overnight in the library. The library shall not take any responsibility for loss of personal property or books already signed out to a user.
- All users are required to show all items to the security officer before leaving the library.
- Photocopy facility is provided for the books taken for reading from the Central Library, the charge being Re. 1/- per page.
- Theses and dissertations can be issued for reading purpose in the Central Library.
Note: Violating Library Rules are subject to disciplinary actions.
Agriculture Institute, Allahabad 211007, U.P, India. Ph.
+91 532 2684281, Fax- +91 532 2684394
| Copyrights Reserved to shiats 2010